Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Data Management, the Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the Data & Predictive Analytics team in their project delivery activities.
Are you a guru when it comes to data? Can you understand, dissect, reassemble, and transform data into meaningful and robust information? Can you translate business imperatives into high-quality models and pipelines? Are you attracted to the latest tech stacks? If so, you can help one of America's leading telecommunication company.
• Data Analysis and Exploration - You will need to take a business question / need and turn it into a data question. You will need to transform and analyze data to extract an answer to that question. You will also need to find interesting trends or relationships in the data that could bring value to a business. You will also be confronted with difficult problems and issues requiring an understanding of a wider range of topics.
• Understanding requirements - You will work closely with the business units to gather business requirements, facilitate workshops and solution discussions to ensure you meet project needs. You will build strong relationships, lead discussions, listen and ask the right questions to ensure requirements are documented and obtain stakeholders approvals in order to achieve operational objectives having a significant impact on the results of the department and business units.
• Documentation – You will plan, organize, document and present functional requirements/user stories as well as create use cases, business rules, report requirements, test scenarios, etc.
• Business Analysis - Provide business analysis expertise to data governance operations, including identifying opportunities for process improvement (e.g. streamline review and approval processes), process documentation, process mapping, procedure documentation, clarification and documentation of roles and responsibilities.
• Collaboration/Communication – Bridge the gap between business and technology, ensuring common understanding and alignment of IT/Business requirements (technical and business). Build trust with stakeholders in the Business Units, understanding the Operations’ constraints, issues, opportunities and language. Close collaboration with the project team, product owner and key stakeholders to ensure successful execution on projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
• ITIL certification an asset.
• Agile methodology an asset.
• 5-8 years of experience in project delivery experience.
• 3-5 years in similar positions (business analyst, technical coordinator, etc.).
• Ability to analyze existing systems and software to understand current processes and designs.
• Functional knowledge of IT operations.
• Telecommunications, cable and related industry experience an asset.
• Strong knowledge of SQL.
• Excellent command of English and French, spoken and written.
• Analytical mind and excellent communicator.
• Client-centric approach.
• Project delivery experience.
• Ability to understand internal processes.
• Excellent analytical skills associated with working on unstructured datasets.